BTV / Modchip / Linux boot

Started by redband, 16. May 2009, 16:55

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

redband

Just a couple of question for anybody who has had a go with linux on BTV box...

Which pins need to be jumpered with GND to boot with Yamon/linux?
The readme with the modchip source suggests PD6 or PD7, while the modchip pinout diagram I used shows a jumper across GND and PB1 or PB2.
So which is it, I'm guessing I should go with what the readme suggests...

Anybody had success with BTV and booting linux?
is0-Mick, you suggested this didn't seem to work on btv http://www.t-hack.com/forum/index.php?topic=169.msg1528#msg1528 do you happen to recall which pins were you jumpering to test at the time?

Cheers

Red

is0-mick

Hi Red,
You could just rename the NK.BIN file. Problem I think we have is that while the code will patch the filename.. the box has already started to load the NK.

I think the x300t has a "connect" button which waits for OK to be pressed before it loads the NK, we dont have that.

Mick

Herman

It isnt that simple, i played quite a bit and never got it to work.  The reason i came up for for it failing was that the timing needed wasnt right which also may be the case for the other nr01 issues i was having.
the nk.bin text which is meant to be altered by the chip is set very early and executed very early too. i altered the timing quite a lot, to the case where i was too fast and it failed, and still i couldnt set to boot ly.bin or similar.
It is also compounded by the size of nk.bin as this is what gives the modchip its window to patch as it is being read and setup from hd (not sure how that changes with the new structure yet) - ie the bigger the nk.bin, the larger the window.

The only other way was to repackage as nk.bin, however with bt boxes i also coulnt set the env variabel to boot nix so a pseudo setenv area is required to be used in the loaded nk.bin

Hoernchen

You can just disable the boot parameter stuff in the kernel menuconfig and compile in the parameters so you don't have to modify the xenv at all.
bringer of linux, conqueror of hdmi, jack of all trades.

Go Up